All-Electronic Tolling ... Paying a Toll

Use the tabs below to get information about paying tolls, whether you travel in your personal vehicle, a rental car or an out-of-state vehicle.

All-electronic, no-cash tolling means there are no cash tollbooths to slow you down and everyone has the convenience of paying tolls without stopping. Everyone can drive any lane on Florida’s Turnpike from U.S. 1 (Milepost 0) in Florida City to the Miami-Dade/Broward County line (Milepost 47), where all-electronic tolling is in place. Cash tollbooths are still available on the rest of the Turnpike.

Out-of-State Vehicle. All-Electronic, No-Cash TollingDriving to Miami or the Florida Keys in your out-of-state vehicle? You have three convenient toll payment options:

  1. You can be a SunPass customer even if you don't live if Florida. SunPass is the Sunshine State’s electronic, prepaid tolls program. It uses credit-card-size electronic devices, called SunPass transponders, which attach to the inside of a car's windshield. When a car equipped with SunPass goes through a tolling location, the transponder sends a signal and the toll is deducted from the customer’s account. SunPass customers pay the lowest rates available. Click here for more information.
  2. If you are not a SunPass customer, tolling cameras will take a photo of the vehicle’s license plate and mail a TOLL-BY-PLATE monthly invoice for the tolls plus a $2.50 administrative charge to the registered owner of the vehicle. Click here for details.
  3. You may open a TOLL-BY-PLATE prepaid account online at or by calling 1-888-TAG-TOLL (888-824-8655) Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., and avoid the monthly administrative charge. Any tolls you incur will be charged to the credit or debit card you provide when you set up the account.
© 2011 Florida's Turnpike Enterprise. All rights reserved. Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.