The Suncoast Parkway 2 is a four-lane toll facility that extends the existing Suncoast Parkway northward for 13 miles from US 98 to SR 44 in Lecanto.
The project includes:
- Constructing full interchanges at US 98 and W. Cardinal Street and a partial interchange at SR 44
- One wildlife corridor and three wildlife culverts
- 15 new bridges
- Two all-electronic tolling gantries and equipment buildings
- Related drainage, lighting, highway signing, traffic signalization, guardrail and sidewalk
- The Suncoast Trail, part of Florida’s Statewide Greenways and Trails System, will be extended to SR 44 and a pedestrian overpass constructed over US 98
Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise (FTE) is constructing the Suncoast Parkway 2. The cost for this project is approximately $134 million. Work began in February 2018 and is expected to be completed in 2022. Funding is entirely based on FTE’s toll and concessions revenue.
Project inquires, comments, innovation/technology ideas, or requests to be added to the project mailing list, can be mailed or emailed to:
Tracie Rose, P.E.
Project Manager for Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise (WSP USA)
Media inquiries should be directed to the FDOT, Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise, Public Information Office using the contact information below:
Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise (WSP USA)
If you choose to provide feedback on this site or in an email, such information is a public record under Florida’s Government in the Sunshine Laws and available for public inspection upon demand. Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.
Public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, or family status.
If you need special accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act or require translation services (free of charge), please contact the Project Manager using the contact information listed on this page. If you are hearing or speech impaired, please contact the agency using the Florida Relay Service, 1 (800) 955-8771 (TDD) or 955-8770 (voice).