This project widens a four-mile segment of the Sawgrass Expressway (SR 869) from US 441 / SR 7 to Powerline Road. The number of additional lanes will be determined as part of an on-going Project Development and Environment (PD&E) Project Study (FPID 437153-1). Major interchange improvements are being evaluated as part of the PD&E, which includes a study of new ramps to and from the east; enhancing the system’s interchange between the Sawgrass Expressway (SR 869) and Turnpike Mainline (SR 91). Additionally, this project is being coordinated with FDOT District Four and the SW 10th Street PD&E.
- This widening project is funded for Design in Fiscal Year 2022.
- Design is funded in Fiscal Year 2022.
- Right-of-Way is funded beginning in Fiscal Year 2023 through Fiscal Year 2025.
- Utilities are funded in Fiscal Year 2026.
- Construction is not funded.
Paul Naranjo, PE, PMP
Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise (Atkins)
Community Outreach Specialist
Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise (WSP USA)