- Transportation Management Plan (TMP) – Form 240 (Revised) (posted 09/25/2023)
- Updated Design Project QA/QC Staffing Plan Template (posted 09/13/2023)
- 2023 GTR Tolling Forum Presentation (posted 08/22/2023)
- Updated Turnpike Landscape Master Plan (posted 08/07/2023)
- Updated Turnpike Landscape Setback Guide (posted 08/07/2023)
- Updated GTR Deviation Submittal Letter Template (posted 08/07/2023)
- Updated Permit Exemption Memo Template (posted 07/27/2023)
- Updated Turnpike Design Lessons Learned Database (posted 07/25/2023)
- Updated Drainage Design Kickoff Overview (posted 07/25/2023)
- Updated Lighting Design Analysis Report Template (posted 07/25/2023)
- Updated Project Checklist for Tolls Design Support (posted 07/24/2023)
- Updated Turnpike Forms and Templates (posted 07/20/2023)
- Design Project QA/QC Staffing Plan Template
- PD&E Project QA/QC Staffing Plan Template (NEW)
- Quality Process Log Template
- Certificate of Compliance Form
- Field Review Record Template
- Building Information Modeling (BIM) Review Log Template (NEW)
- Updated Typical Toll Facility Example Shop Drawing List (posted 07/19/2023)
- Updated Structures FAQs (posted 06/29/2023)
- Updated Turnpike Plans Processing Reviews – Common Issues (posted 06/29/2023)
- Updated Turnpike Specifications QA/QC Checklist (posted 06/29/2023)
- Turnpike Utilities – Guidance for Identifying Utilities in Plans (posted 06/20/2023)
- Updated ERCAR Sample Outline (posted 05/31/2023)
- Updated Turnpike Specifications and Estimates – Submittal Guidelines (posted 05/25/2023)
- Turnpike Specifications Approval Process (MSPs, TSPs, DEVs) (posted 05/15/2023)
- Turnpike Specifications Tracker – MSPs & TSPs (posted 05/05/2023)
- Maintenance Access Details (posted 05/05/2023)
- Updated Pond Siting Report Outline (posted 04/27/2023)
- Updated Drainage Design Checklists (posted 04/27/2023)
- Turnpike Roadway Design Best Practices Checklist (posted 04/14/2023)
- Updated Drainage Connection Permits KMZ File (posted 04/14/2023)
- Updated Toll Siting Tech Memo (TSTM) Template (posted 04/14/2023)
- Toll Facilities Scope and Staff Hours Form (31T) (posted 04/14/2023)
- Toll Facilities Engineer’s Estimate Template (posted 04/14/2023)
- Updated Turnpike Typical Section Package Guidance & Checklist (posted 04/07/2023)
- ERCAR Collision Diagram Sample (posted 04/06/2023)
- ERCAR Collision Diagram Crash Info Template (posted 04/06/2023)
- 2023 General Tolling Requirements (GTR) Parts 1-3 (posted 03/27/2023)
- Updated Shop Drawing Review Procedures (posted 03/15/2023)
- Updated Turnpike Design Variation and Exception Checklist (posted 02/08/2023)
- 2023 General Tolling Requirements (GTR) (posted 01/27/2023)
- New Toll Project Responsibility Matrix (posted 12/13/2022)
- New Turnpike Traffic Design Sample Documents (posted 12/06/2022)
- Updated Common Deficiencies on ERC Submittals (posted 11/28/2022)
- Turnpike Design Criteria Documents Sunsetting Implementation Memo (posted 11/08/2022)
- Turnpike Plans Processing Reviews – Common Issues (posted 10/11/2022)
- Turnpike Design Lessons Learned Database (posted 07/25/2023)
Extinguish the Torch Lessons Learned Reports:
- E8N60 AET Phase 4B (415462-6)
- E8P54 Resurface HEFT MP 33.2-38.0 (431100-1)
- E8P55 Arterial DMS Installation (435617-1)
- E8L90 Resurface Polk Pkwy MP 8.1-21.7 (423199-1)
- E8L99 AET Phase 4A (415462-2)
- E8M12 PGA Blvd Ramp Bridge Replacement (422349-1)
- E8M46 Resurface Suncoast Pkwy MP 37-46 (427324-1, 3)
- E8M47 Resurface Suncoast Pkwy MP 46-55 (427324-4, 6)
- E8M50 I-4 Interchange Improvements (429331-1)
- E8M59 Polk Pkwy Bridge Painting (427325-1)
- E8M77 AET Phase 6b (406151-4)
- E8M79 Resurface ML Glades Rd to S. of Atlantic Ave (431079-3, 5)
- E8N21 Resurface Seminole Expy MP 50-55 (429023-1, 3)
- E8N22 Resurface Suncoast Pkwy Hillsborough (429025-1, 3)
- E8N37 Polk Pkwy Bridge Painting (431123-1)
- E8M60,2,3 Widen Veterans Expy Sections 1-3 (431275-1,406152-1,406151-1)
- E8P94 Resurface ML MP 238.76-248 (432827-1)
- E8P84 Install CCTV Turnpike Wide (435604-1)
- E8P90 Glades Rd Interchange Improvements (435615-1)
- E8Q77 ITS Improvements (439051-1)
- E8Q41 Resurface ML MP 178-185 (435165-1,435167-1)
- E8Q45 Resurface ML MP 185-190.5 (435166-1,435168-1)
- E8P07 Veterans Expy Express Lanes Implementation Sec 1-3 (435609-1)
- E8N19 Widen Veterans Expy Gunn Hwy to Sugarwood (429350-1)
- E8N52 Widen Veterans Expy Sugarwood to Van Dyke Rd (429350-4)
- E8R64 Veterans Expy Improvements for Bridge Approaches (442631-1)
- E8R57 Emergency Shoulder Use ML NB MP 140-210 (442901-7)
- E8R59 Emergency Shoulder Use ML NB MP 210-249 (442901-8)
- E8R76 Reconstruct ML MP 269.4 – 273.3 (439457-1)
- E8Q92 Resurface ML MP 287.8 – 297.9 (437988-1,3)
- E8Q10 AET Phase 6C (436619-1)
- E8Q12 Widen ML Osceola Pkwy to Beachline (411406-1)
- E8Q95 Resurface Polk Pkwy MP 0-8 (436520-1)
- E8R51 AET Northern Coin Conversion (441322-1)
- Turnpike QAR Lessons Learned Database (posted 05/05/2022)
- Top 6 Ways to Improve Consultant Evaluation Scores (posted 12/18/2019)
- Example Consultant Evaluation Comments for Scores of 1 & 2 (posted 12/18/2019)
Are there any special requirements for Turnpike structures?
No. Please follow the FDOT Structures Manual and the FDOT Design Manual (FDM).
What structures content should be included in an ERCAR?
Refer to the ERCAR Sample Outline which contains a detailed list of items to be addressed for structures.
Where do I estimate hours for the design and detailing of toll gantries?
Tab 18, Line 31 – Other Structures: Estimated hours should be a lump sum for design and plans for all gantries. The comment should provide the following information: (2 cantilever gantries @ X hrs each, 1 accessible span gantry @ Y hrs).
I have new bridges and sign structures on my project, how do I obtain structure numbers?
Structure numbers are assigned by Turnpike Structures Maintenance. Please refer to the Bridge Number Assignment Form and the Sign Structure Number Assignment Form which should be submitted. The forms also have the contact information for coordination purposes.
What office do we apply to for a Utility permit?
Utility Permit Applications should be submitted to the Turnpike Maintenance Office:
US Postal Service Regular Mail Only
P.O. Box 9828
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
UPS, Fed-Ex or Courier
Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise
Turnpike Operations Center
Turnpike Milepost 65
Pompano Beach, FL 33069
(Note: It will show up as undeliverable in the address check systems. This is the correct address.)
Refer to the Turnpike Enterprise Business Permits website for additional contact information:
Submitted electronically through One Stop Permitting.
For the purpose of setting up FAA accounts associated with project coordination, who from the Turnpike should be designated as the “Sponsor”?
For FAA accounts, designate the “Sponsor” as Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise (FTE) with the Turnpike Production Project Manager identified as the “Attention of”.
Andra Diggs II, P.E.
Turnpike Design Engineer
Todd Bettger, P.E.
GEC Design Program Manager
Brandon Bobo, P.E.
GEC Design Program Manager